Who is The Cream City Medical Society?
Cream City Medical Society (CCMS) was named after the cream-colored bricks used to construct many of Milwaukee’s finest buildings. For the CCMS these bricks represent strength, beauty and the ability to weather many storms. The Cream City Medical Society was established in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1927, under the leadership of Dr. Richard Herron. Dr. Herron was the son of Milwaukee’s first African American physician, Dr. Allen L. Herron.
The Cream City Medical Society is the first and only Milwaukee-based 501(c) (3) organization of African American physicians. It is a charter chapter of the National Medical Association, which is the nation’s oldest, and largest association representing African American physicians.