The Cream City Medical Society has established a scholarship for minorities pursing a doctoral degree at a Wisconsin accredited college. “The Mission of the Cream City Medical Society is to eliminate minority health disparities. The organization strives to display a positive image of the underrepresented community's role in the healthcare field, and is committed to support and build a healthy, effective minority youth contingency that is dedicated to the healthcare profession.” In keeping with our mission, we fund an annual Legacy Scholarship for deserving African American students entering doctoral level fields in health care. Thank you for dedicating yourself to the hard work of choosing to pursue a doctoral degree in the health care field.
The Cream City Medical Society will award recipients with a $1000.00 scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to students engaged in pursuing a doctoral degree. MD, Pharm D and PhD students must currently attend a Wisconsin accredited doctoral program. DPM and DO students may apply from any health doctoral accredited program, but should be a Wisconsin Resident.
This award will assist recipients with aid towards their studies and books.
We encourage all African American students at a Wisconsin Accredited University pursuing a Doctorate degree in health to apply for 2017!
Candidates do not have to be doctoral level students who are graduating. Cream City Medical Society welcomes applications from doctoral level students who are in the earlier stages of their doctoral level training program (i.e. second or third year medical students/pharmacy students/PhD students/Dental students).
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is August 1th 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (No Exceptions)
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements. Refer to the application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed. (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You will be notified by mail in August regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please email The Cream City Medical Society at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the subject line is written as: CCMS Scholarship 2017/(First Name/Last Name)
- You may not apply for the scholarship if you have already been awarded a scholarship twice.
- DPM students who are residents of Wisconsin may apply from any accredited school within the country.
- Once your application is complete please email all required documents as a PDF to email@example.com in the following order:
- Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (May be included within your submission packet. If you would like to mail them, please mail them to the PO Box address and in your submission email note that are being mailed.)
- Personal Essay
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- MD, PharmD, and PhD applicants must be a registered student at an accredited Wisconsin doctoral program in the health profession. DPM and DO students may apply from any health doctoral accredited program, but should be a Wisconsin Resident.
- Applicant must currently be in a doctoral program as defined through an acceptance letter or credit hours at their institution.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card or current passport.
- Applicants must be African American.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form
- Two (2) character references in the form of a letter of recommendation. (1 from an education professional interaction, 1 from a personal interaction)
- Official transcript(s)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Essay. In your essay, please answer the questions and email with the other documents.
-What is your field of study?
-Why did you choose this field of study?
-How do you define the phrase, “health care disparity”?
-How will you use your chosen field of study to reduce health care disparities in this country or around the world?
Deadline for the application is August 1st, 2017. Applications received after this day will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Announcement of Scholarship Recipients is on August 1, 2017. Students chosen must attend the scholarship reception in September and are allowed to bring two guests. Special Provision: Scholarship Funds will be issued directly to the recipients and may be used to pay their educational financial needs.
NOTE*** Do not contact The Cream City Medical Society to inquire about the results